Mah Sublime Porridge

 Introduction

Hello it's Ya Boi and I'm going to teach you a step by step method on how to make my porridge. This is a recipe made by yours truly. I also linked a video on how I made the porridge if you're more of a visual learner. I also wrote an array of movement of my legs if you're a kinesthetic learner (I'm joking).


The Ingredients

1. Rice/Brown Rice: you can use about any type of rice for porridge but in my video I used brown rice to keep it healthy.

2. A bundle of Paku-pakis: this is the vegetable part of my porridge but it's very important since this is where all the flavour is going to come from.

3. Dori fish: this is the protein source but you can honestly use other fish or even chicken.

4. 2 Shallots

5. 2 Garlic

6. 2 Red chili

7. Sugar & salt

8. 1 tablespoon Shrimp paste

9. 1 Chicken stock cube

Step-by step method

Porridge:

- Add 1 cup of rice and 6 cups of water in a rice cooker/pressure cooker

paku-pakis: 

- Wash and cut the soft part of its stem with a scissors. 

- Finely chop 2 garlic, 2 shallots, and 2 chilies.

- Sautee the garlic, shallot, chili, chicken stock cube, and a tablespoon of shrimp paste in a wok until a savory smell floods your kitchen.

- Add the paku-pakis

- Add 2 cups of water

- Taste and add sugar and salt

Dori fish:

- Season the fish meat with salt and pepper

- Slice it to large pieces

- Cook in a pan with a thin layer of oil

- When cooked, chop it to smaller chunks

Chicken (IF you're using chicken instead of Dori fish):

- Boil the chicken until cooked

- Tear the chicken to thick strings/chop to smaller chunks

Assembling:

- Add the porridge in a bowl

- Add the paku-pakis at a corner of the bowl with a significant amount of its juices (not sure what's the right word but the liquid part of the paku-pakis dish)

- Add the Dori fish/chicken beside the paku-pakis

- Take a picture and post it in your Instagram while secretly hiding the fact that you have a bazillion amount of unwashed dishes in your sink.

- Enjoy!

How I came up with this recipe

My school gave our class a project which is to cook something healthy. At first I wanted to bake nut biscuits but there were literally no nuts in the grocery store. So I had to think of a recipe in the grocery store. Billions of my neurons released neurotransmitters which generated enough electricity to power a whole city. I could've given a new source of energy to the future generation from my humongous brain but no, I decided to use all that energy to craft this perfect recipe. Now was it worth it by possibly leaving my grandchildren to depend on solar energy to invent this recipe? YES it was totally worth it because it was absolutely delicious. Thank you for taking your time to gaze upon my unparalleled genius. Please try making this at home and goodbye.

Video

https://youtu.be/CWCF8bga5lM







Comments

Popular Posts