Writing is hard

    So today, I felt really productive. In the morning, I woke up fairly early. Went outside to jog while also taking nice pictures of books to sell. I even vacuumed the whole floor downstairs. This made me determined to finally start writing to achieve my dreams of being an author. I looked at the empty sheet waiting for me to write something, anything at all. But I just couldn't. 


    I couldn't think of what to write about. In my mind, it was as if there was a giant war going on with multiple factions. The factions were different plots of the story I wanted to write right now. Should I write a normal fantasy story about how the main character is the chosen one to fight the big evil guy? Should I write a romance story of how the main character falls in love with the girl that bullied him? (probably need to experience romance first) Maybe I should write about my own life, perhaps the least interesting story. 

    Back then when I had to write essays to sharpen my writing for my English exam, it was easy to write because the subject was already given. It's like someone already gave you a house, all you have to do is place the furniture in the right place. But when you have the freedom of writing anything you want, there's literally no house. What I'm trying to say here is that when you're forced to write about a certain subject, you're given a basic foundation which is basically a house. The points of the subject are the furniture and all you have to do is put where you think the furniture belongs so the house looks nice and comfortable to you.

    I thought to myself, "just write anything! Anything you idiot! Anything at all!". I disappointed myself by just staring at my monitor while listening to the music I played. I even dozed off a few times until I decided to sleep on the sofa. Few hours later, I woke up feeling cranky. I sat down and thought to myself "okay, the sleepiness that has been stopping you from writing is gone. You can do this!". 30 minutes later, there were not even a few letters on my draft. I gave up and started blogging so I could rant about this.

    Looks like I still have a lot to learn in my journey mastering the art of writing. Hopefully I didn't bore you with my problems. Thanks for reading, I look forward to you reading more of my blogs.

Comments

  1. https://www.masterclass.com/articles/a-beginners-guide-to-writing#3-things-to-consider-when-choosing-a-topic-to-write-about

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://goinswriter.com/tips-writing-book/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts