something something

       I knew it was coming, yet I also knew that it could not be avoided. The limits of a human body were only so much. The responsibilities of reality clouded my mind to leave this sanctuary.


       I remembered the worst of my experiences, the innocence and stupidity of myself. How I embarrassed myself in a crowd of people. Their sullen stares cutting right through my soul; my friends looking at the ground to avoid the second hand embarrassment as best they can.


      I thought of how I could've handled past situations better, the charismatic and funny me being able to socialize with anyone and make a good impression out of it. I phase out of this bubble and stare at this person who I could never be.


My memories, they sink back into the vestiges of my deteriorating consciousness and my imaginative delusions turn to dust.


       Why must I leave the only warmth in this cold cold world? Why do I repeat this endless cycle of heartbreak everyday? As I enjoyed the last few seconds of warmth, I closed my hot shower and the coldness overtook me.

Comments

Popular Posts